Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Todi & Titignano

This past Sunday, the entire Temple Rome program took a day trip the the region of Umbria, about two and a half hours north of Rome. We first stopped in the medieval hill town of Todi, then continued to the estate of Titignano where we enjoyed a huge lunch, similar to an Italian wedding banquet.


Walking into Todi









Todi, which I have seen in pictures before, was even more gorgeous than I could've imagined. The buses couldn't make it up into the town, so we had to climb up to the top before even entering the city. This was the most serene town I've ever seen in my life- hardly any cars, church bells ringing all around, and people wandering around taking their time. This was the first time all week where we could relax and just wander around- I LOVED it! This is a video I took while we were walking up a little alley way, and church bells started to ring as I was filming! (just try and block out my obnoxious "oooh's" and "ahhhh's" haha).



We left Todi at noon, got back on the buses, and headed to the Titignano Estate, which was about an hour from Todi. This esate holds weddings and has places to stay for the weekend. We were served a traditional Italian wedding banquet, with over 12 courses! As most people know...I am one of the pickiest eaters on the planet. I made a promise to myself, that while in Italy, I would try anything put in front of me as long as it wasn't raw. Surprisingly, I liked EVERYTHING I tried! From asparagus risotto, to wild boar, the meal was fabulous. We finished with tiramisu, biscotti, and sweet desert wine. The long, winding bus ride home wasn't the most pleasant experience in the world, but all in all the day was perfect.
Outside where we had some antipasti!
Inside the estate..Temple Rome had the place PACKED!
Wild Boar with pasta
Dessert- tiramisu, biscotti, & very sweet dessert wine


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. Todi looks very inviting and you only just begun. I wish you could package some of the food you have eaten or will be eating, and bring some home.
    Love, Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mackenzie what a great blog I started to cry when the church bells rang. What a wonderful day you must have had. Keep the blogs coming they are great. Enjoy every moment!! Love You MaMa Krott

    ReplyDelete